Saturday, December 6, 2014

Halloween 2014




Our neighbor dressed up as Flo from Progressive Insurance and oh that painter guy on public channel that used to put me to sleep with his calming voice.
I have been unusually busy, or so it seemed, for the last a month and half and I felt like I am experiencing an early onset of mental deterioration.  I used to be able to keep things together somehow even on the days with brutal schedule, but I was forgetting appointments and making many simple mistakes that were just no other explanation than brain malfunction.  I don't like being clumsy like this and I hope to get my act together again soon! 

The autumn has been fun but boy did it pass by so quickly.  The Halloween was a lot of fun as usual and the kids were so excited to dress up and go on a candy hunt around the neighborhood.  The girls had the toughest time deciding on the costume and they finally settled on a rock star and a witch.  I bought the rock star outfit from Costco back in early September for Saya as she insisted that is what she wants to be, but she changed her mind several times after that.  I won't be buying costumes early never again!  It's a fine line since popular costumes sell out quickly yet there is a chance the kids have change of heart.  Luckily, Alyson decided she wants to wear it, so it worked out ok.  Saya ended up wearing Alyson's costume from last year.  I was for sure both of them would want to be Elsa from Frozen, but apparently there are Elsad out. 

Sean was a football player wearing his junior league's gears and uniform.  He looked pretty authentic to me.  Noah was Ironman and that boy could be it again for next year, too.  He isn't growing fast like other kids since he doesn't eat much, which makes his clothes last for a couple of years.  They wore the costume at school during their classroom Halloween party.  I wish I had gone to school in America!'

Nana came over to hand the candy out to trick or treaters with Noah.  It was a rainy day but for the prime trick or treating hour, the rain stopped.  That made many parents and kids happy for sure.  I was also happy that it was on Friday.  It sure makes things easier when you don't have to worry about homework or getting up early in the morning the day after the exciting night.  The kids had a blast!  They got scared at some houses since they had mechanical decoration, but they were much braver than last year.  The great thing about my kids are that they are not attached to candies they collected.  They haven't asked about the candies ever since Halloween and they have become Mike and my pick me ups which surely isn't that good!

Thanks for reading!  It's been a struggle to get on here with multiple sickness in the family recently, but I will try hard to post more often. 

No comments: