Sunday, July 17, 2016

Gym Show



I put Saya in gymnastics when she was four to keep her flexible since Mike and I are hopelessly stiff.  Miss Saya has a different body type and she is very flexible for now.  She enjoyed tumbling and jumping on the trampoline in her toddler class and fast forward three years, she still loves it.  She is very strong as well, so she is good at bars, bridge, handstand and cart wheels.  She cannot wait to master flips and I think in her next class that is what she will be working on.

I was not pushed athletically when I was growing up and it is one thing I want all my kids to get involved in.  Physical fitness is such an important part of a person's life!  It affects self-esteem, brain functions and over-all happiness.  I got sucked into yoga now and for that I am grateful.  It is allowing me to achieve the level of fitness I have never had before. 

Saya was very cute in the gym show she had in June.  When the marching music came on, Saya was the very first kid to walk into the gym waving mini Japanese flag and giggling shyly.  She said she picked the Japanese flag for her grandma.  Nana, Aly, Noah and I were watching her while Sean competed in his flag football playoff game in the same high school which the both gym meet and flag play off were happening.  Mike stayed with Sean as he was the assistant coach. 

Saya did great!  She no doubt was the best one in the group and proved that she is ready for the next level up.  She had a great control of her body and she felt comfortable in her movement.  She did the gymnast's pose at the end of each move and it was so very cute.  She is not as tall like her sister, so she may have the right body type for this sport.  She is muscular and solid as well which is completely opposit from my body type.  It is so funny how your children are nothing like you.  Actually, all my children look nothing like me.  They are all way better looking than me and I am glad they turned out the way they are. 

I am looking forward to seeing Saya blossom as a gymnast.  When she does double flips, I would feel like my job is done.  Not quite but that would be freaking awesome.



No comments: