Sunday, April 6, 2008

Easily Pleased Me


We had a good weekend, but I cannot remember much what we did. Since I nap from 6 am to 2 pm, half of the day is already gone by the time I am out of the bed. So, it feels like my day is really short. Oh yes, I remember now. I took my Mom to shopping at a shopping center nearby. She desperately wanted to go buy souvenirs as her departing day is getting near. There is a big food court at the mall, so I sat and had a quiet lunch by myself while my Mom shopped. I ordered a Vietnamese noodle dish called Pho (beef pho #10 on their menu), which I used to order all the time. Sitting deeply in the chair people watching, I ate very slowly. Oh, that was a luxury. It was like getting a massage, to be able to enjoy my meal not worrying about entertaining my children. I ended my lunch with a decaf white chocolate mocha and I was very satisfied. I thought to myself that I need to do this more often! It was a cheap but effective therapy!

We have a busy week coming up. I have a dentist appointment tomorrow and the twins have a hip x-ray appointment on Friday in Seattle. Mike is going to Japan for a week from Friday, too, so it's going to be very hectic. While flying business class enjoying his seafood appetizer with chilled wine, maybe he would feel a tiny bit of guilt. It would be quite funny if someone filmed us and show the images of what we are doing side by side on a screen. The caption would be, "where would you rather be?" Well, I am glad Mike is going to get some break and enjoy Tokyo. He just has to tell me all about what he ate and I will be satisfied with that!




No comments: