Friday, June 27, 2008

Sore Lips Syndrome



I noticed that my lips are dry and sore these days and I could not figure out why. When Noah woke up this morning, I realized why... It's because I kiss babies' cheeks and heads all the time!! When I kiss them, they move so my lips get rubbed against their skin and if you do this a million times in a day like I do, they get sore! Noah and Alyson have this irresistibly plump cheeks like summer ripe peaches and I must say that they are very tempting to smooch.

Not everything is peachy here though. Daddy's leaving tomorrow for Ireland for a week. Things are a little stressful in the house and Sean's acting up quite a bit now. He is extremely stubborn and he refuses to listen to anyone! Like last night at the bath, he just kept screaming for no reason. I asked him to stop firmly, but he smiled and kept screaming!! AAAGGGHHH!!! I wanted to scream, too. This must be the terrible two everyone's talking about. We give him a lot of attention and we go for a walk every evening for the special bonding time (and to work on my twin-sized belly), but he has his own mind. All we can do is to be patient , but boy this little guy is in it for a roller coaster ride.

As for the twins, they are doing well. Alyson is wearing a skirt for the very first time and she looks really cute!! She reminds me of this adorable animal character wearing a tutu. A Mom I met online told me that I can buy a bow designed for babies with no hair, so I am going to order one or two for her. Noah 'talks' a lot and makes this funny noises that reminds me of the peculiar bird we saw in Australia. He also makes noises from his throat and nose and sounds like he's trying to speak French. He is talking and smiling at the ceiling behind me as I type. It's going to get up to near 90s this weekend, so we'll be out and about probably. Too bad Mike's going to be gone!! But I did line up some meet ups with friends so that I don't go insane!!

Hope everyone's doing well!!

No comments: