Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Family Portrait

Things were pretty good at first.
You can't see in the photo, but Mike and I were on the side holding on to Noah and Saya and let go when the photographer signaled. That's why Saya looks like she's falling forward. She must have been leaning forward to my hand.

Sean's classic fake smile. I am sure I would even miss it when he's grown up and won't even let me take a photo. Mike liked the composition of this portrait, but I was disappointed that Noah's face is in the shadow.

Mike was struggling to keep the boys still. He still managed to smile at the camera.

I was shouting "forget about Saya's boots!" before the shot.

I like this picture. Aly looks super adorable and I like Saya's expression. That's her. Her personality is captured!

It's the portrait time again before the Holidays! We didn't think it was going to be easy and it wasn't. Now that the twins and Saya are in the wiggly stage, it was actually harder than last year. Aly and Sean were pretty good at first, but they both started to misbehave later by running off or turning away from the camera. Noah didn't want to stay in one spot and was whining pretty much the whole time. We had to carry him or hold him down. Saya wasn't in a mood for pictures, either, and wanted to run off from the studio. The photographer said she should be able to get about 18 different shots, but I think she changed her mind.



But I think all troubles were well worth it in the end. The pictures turned out better than I thought. The kids looked adorable in their outfits. I particularly liked the girls' outfits. They looked like big girls wearing a stylish outfit. Mike looked good in his new skinny shirt. The boys were very proper looking unlike their usual sporty style. I like looking at smiley faces in the family portrait when everything is quiet in the house at night. It all sums it up for me despite the chaos and stress, we are a happy family. My next agenda is to buy frames and find good spots to appreciate them!

2 comments:

Savitri said...

Very cute troop!! I'm amazed you could even get a picture :P Love the outfits and Kimi you're still beautiful!!!

Tired Parents said...

Oh, you are so sweet, Savitri! If I had a skill like you, I would have liked to take some myself at home or outside. But again, maybe not. I can just imagine myself chasing them around and zero picture done. I love all your pics. You and Daminda are really talented.