Thursday, September 26, 2013

Aly's Royal Week

Noah at his school playground

Of course, Mike has to do this.

Football season!  So far Seahawks are kicking butts.  Mike made some chili and it was good! 

The story boards I made for Aly's class.  I had lots of fun making them!
Aly at lunch.  She explained the rules.
Aly during recess.  She was playing with a jump rope,

Kids playing at Noah's school.  They have a nice play area!


 
The weather in Puget Sound has fallen into the typical autumn pattern, seeing more rain and clouds mixed with some sunshine here and there.  We wear light to medium jackets in the mornings and I desperately need to change the kids' wardrobe to their fall/winter collection.  Aly keeps picking the summer sundresses to wear to school and she looks a bit out of place.  I started to bake again and it must be the season.  I bake when the squirrels collect nuts.  I am trying to lose weight at the same time, so hopefully it all works out miraculously.

I look at my kids and they have grown quite a bit during summer.  Sean is much taller and his built is starting to become more boyish rather than just skinny.  I feel his chest and it's thicker than how I remembered.  Aly's arms are longer and stronger, too, and her legs shot up like bamboo trees.  She is only five but she is taller than most second graders in Sean's class.  She certainly is the tallest one in the class and she looks like someone who is repeating kindergarten. 

Speaking of Aly's class, I went to speak to the kids in her class today since it was Aly's royal Parent's Day.  It's Aly's royal week this week and she has been taking her favorite things to share in her class every day.  I knew how it works since Sean had his royal week last year.  This time around, I made a story theater boards and read the story of "The Rolling Rice Balls".  I spent many hours making the story boards and I must say they turned out perfect!   It was a lot of work, but enjoyed making them.  If there is a profession for just making classroom materials, I will probably be a very good at it. 

Aly was very excited to see me.  The kids in her class were very adorable and I think they enjoyed my presentation.  I also taught them how to say hello, thank you and good bye in Japanese.  They did very well.  I sat with her at the lunch room and got to see how they are during lunch time.  They were all chatting around and didn't seem to be eating much of anything.  A few adults were patrolling around the tables and they looked like prison guards.  I stuck around until recess and spent some time playing outside with her.  It was fun to spend time with her at school.  I think she will be ok!

We have experienced a few sniffles this season already and getting ourselves ready for the full on cold season.  I hope they will not get major sickness this year.  I had this urge to bake again tonight, but I think I will go to bed early tonight.  I have been sleeping around 6 hours per night, which is not enough for me.  I will post again soon with some photo shoots of  beautiful families I had pleasure working with!

No comments: