Monday, September 29, 2014

Family Hike









I am behind in post as usual.  Thank goodness for my photos since they remind me all the fun stuff we did.  We went on a family hike to a nearby trail several weekends ago.  Now cooler Seattle was hot back then and I am already missing the sundress weather.  There are many awesome trails around us that are easy to hike for kids, so we are exploring them one by one.  This trail was called The Bus Trail and it had gotten the name from an old wrecked bus on the trail.  Kids liked the name and were excited to find the mysterious old bus. 

Growing up in a big city, I only could visit a forest like that on a special outing with my Mom and Dad.  I certainly feel that my kids are lucky to grown up in a place with abundance of nature just minutes away from our house.  If it's just a little sprinkle, walk in the forest is quite pleasant because all the trees keep us dry.  Hopefully the kids remember fond memories of our hikes together and continue to want to get outdoors for life.  It always makes me feel better after breathing in some fresh air and nourishing my eyes with nature. 

No comments: