Monday, July 28, 2008

Friends


Wanted to post pictures we took with friends while visiting Boise and Wendell. It was great to see my great friends from college. We met up at our old hang out the 'flying M's'. The crowed at the cafe hasn't changed a bit and I felt like I'd never left. A guy sitting across the room from me kept glancing at me and it was quite funny imagining how he may react if he sees three little kids hanging off me. ha! Things have changed for me of course, but it was great to come back to a familiar place. My friends were all looking really good and even though they have moved on to having a career, owning homes etc... they are still friendly and kind people. I have been bad at keeping in touch with them, but I am very motivated to do so from now on!

We visited Mr. and Mrs. Hirai in Wendell on Sunday. The drive to Wendell was so beautiful. All the truck stops were still there looking the same and the hills of Glenns Ferry were just as beautiful as I'd remembered. We said hello to cows and talked about which truck stop had a best milk shake. I actually drove passed their exit and went all the way to Jerome by accident, but we'd eventually got to their house. Mr. and Mrs. Hirai have not changed a bit! They were warm and loving and it was wonderful to see them. The food Mrs. Hirai prepared was excellent and I felt like I'd gone back home. In fact, they were like my parents to me while I was in Idaho. Their sons were like cousins and we just had the best of time together. How do we find a great friend like them? We'd come to the conclusion that we are now someone who can welcome others to our lives and home like they did to me. It was so great t see them and we cannot wait to see them again next year!

No comments: