Monday, May 11, 2009

Welcoming Saya Elizabeth Campbell





On a quiet night at 2:57 on 4/25 in a bright operating room, Saya Elizabeth Campbell made a grand entrance to the world with a healthy wail. She was 7 lbs and 9 ounces and 21 inches long with pink undertone. I was scheduled to have a C-section at 7:30 am on April 27, but Saya had a plan on her own. I had steady wave of contraction from the early evening and decided to check myself in at 11:00 pm. I was 4 cm dilated already and the nurse confirmed that I was going to have a baby that day! We were thrilled but I felt a little guilty to make my doctor operate on me in the middle of the night.

Dr. Rogers with I-just-woke-up-hair chewing gum, came in and greeted us before the operation. I felt nervous of course but looking at a team of professionals prepping in front of us like they have done this million of times calmed me down. The anesthesiologist was particularly taking extra steps to comfort me by joking with us and acting cheerful. I appreciated his thoughtfulness!

The first night with Saya in the recovery room was exhausting as you can imagine, but I was like a seasoned pro at caring for her. After all, this is my 4th baby! 4th!! Being an only child myself, I've never ever imagined having four children of my own. A nurse volunteered to watch Saya during the night from the second and third day, so I was able to get some rest.

The rest of the family came and visited me and little Saya the next day, 26th. Sean was thrilled to meet her and he was smiling, pointing and giggling at Saya for every little noises she made. It was really cute to watch Sean being sweet. Noah and Alyson are too young and they didn't take much interest in the baby at the hospital. However, they are so curious and have been wanting to play with her once we got home.

Saya is a very sleepy baby (still) and I would say that she wins the sleeping contest amongst all my four kids. Maybe I have gotten lucky this time! Let's hope she will keep sleeping and being mellow like she has been. No, she does not have te high pitch cry like my other three children and she is very much a tolerable as far as noise-level goes. She looks like Daddy and a little bit like Sean.

We have a two weeks check up on Wed for her and will post the progress once we get the stats.

Thank you all for your warm wishes for Saya and our big family. We are very happy and excited to have a new and final addition. Now our family is complete.

2 comments:

Holtan-Bates family said...

I still can't believe you have 4!!!! WOW! You officially win the Super MOM award. Saya is just as beautiful as the rest of your babies and I hope it's all smoothe sailing from here! Congratulations!

Japhyjc said...

Love your blog! Thanks for sharing! Nana