Monday, January 18, 2010

Sick Kids

Sean and Daddy on the race car
Getting ready to GOOOO

Sean at the Family Fun Center

The morning walk in Weowna Park

We are lucky to have a beautiful trail just down the street!

Well, Noah and Saya have been sick for about 5 days. Noah had it worse with runny nose and coughs. He is much better though (about time!!) and in a better mood. Miss Saya is also on the mend. Poor baby could not nurse much because her nose gets stuffy. I cleaned her nose as much as I could but she still cannot breathe while nursing. When the kids get sick and take a while for them to get better like this, I have this urge to keep them from going to places to avoid getting sick again. But of course we can't do that. So, lets hope they'll be cold free for a long time...
We were supposed to go to the mountains today since Mike took a day off and Sean's school was out for Martin Luther King's day. I was looking forward to seeing the snow, but things didn't work out in the morning. Instead, we took Sean for a walk in the trail down the street and then off to a kids entertainment place called "Family Fun Center". I would have liked to play in the snow, but Sean had tons of fun. He loves going for a walk in his "jungle". He's good at finding odd shaped trees or holes in the ground etc... He talked a lot during the walk and was asking questions all the time. At the Family Fun Center, Sean enjoyed the Go Kart ride with his Daddy. He'd seen one on TV but this was his first time on it. He'll remember it for a very long time, I am sure.
Apart from those, not much really has happened. I feel lazy and unmotivated to cook, so have been ordering take outs a lot lately. I reason it as buying time and reducing stress, so it's very much worth it for my money now. Luckily, we have great ethnic restaurants nearby.
I wish I had cooler things to write but it's one of those weeks, I confess. Aly has been talking in short sentences in Japanese and English this week. She is a chatter box and she talks to people, Grace and her toys. She has pretend conversations with her stuffed toys and it's really cute to listen to. Often she'll pretend changing diapers of her favorite bunny named Gasper and puts him to sleep on the couch. She calls our new nanny (Amy's Mom) "grandma" sometimes. She calls old Asian ladies "grandma", I found out, because she called a little Asian lady at Fred Meyer grandma, too! She's a character.
Noah said "baby" the other day and we are pretty excited about it. We started speech therapy every week at home and I think he'll make good progress. He will also start preschool very soon (it includes speech therapy). My little calender is going to be so full and I'll have to rely heavily on my little iPhone even more.


No comments: