Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Ready

My goofy husband - I don't think he expected me to post this...
This is my wee veggie patch! I was going to go to the gym, hence the work out clothes (ended up going to Target for some binge shopping to release stress - buying the kids' multi-vitamins!! hmmm...)

The cherry blossoms are very pretty right now. Hoping they will remain full bloom until my Mom comes on Sunday.


We had our lawn guy, Jason, build a box garden in the front yard a couple of weeks ago. Since it's been a little warmer these days, I think I am ready to plant something in there! I thought the moment will never come... I've enjoyed growing vegetables when we lived in California and they grew very well under the warm sunshine. When I moved here, I was a little heart broken since I thought I will not be able to have any veggie garden in this dump and dark corner lot... However, we cut down some trees, pulled dead shrubs, and got rid of the ivy from the front yard and now I am getting my first shot at growing something!


I am so excited to start it and so are my kids. Every time we go to stores, they notice the flowers being sold outside and insist on taking some flower pots home. Little Saya looks cute, clutching onto a pot of yellow flowers with her chubby little hands in the stroller. Of course, Aly picked pink flowers. Saya screamed and screamed when peeled her surprisingly strong fingers off the pot to scan it at the cashier.
We are planning to go buy some lettuce plants so that I can plant them in the garden tomorrow. I am calling my Mom now to see if my Dad has any tips! (my Dad is an organic farmer in Japan!)




No comments: