Thursday, August 30, 2012

Another Picnic Another Fun





 
I discovered on Tuesday morning that Noah no longer has summer preschool for the remainder of the week.  That meant I will have three squirmy children bouncing around the house from Wednesday on because it is impossible to take all three of them out by myself.  I've tried it numerous times recently and I regretted it every time.  Mr. Noah is the problem (his nickname is now Nora the Explora since he wonders off often and his hair is so long it looks like Dora's).  He is a stroller terrolizer because whenever he sees a stroller, he runs and tries to grab the baby's toys or sippy cup.  I have to always be prepared to sprint to stop such an act and it terrifies the poor baby's mother.  They would shout "watch out!!" and it's really embarrassing.  I would apologize and have a talk with Noah, who looks unfazed.  I am always exhausted afterwards and swear myself I would not do this again any time soon.

So, I took Sean and Saya to the park for a picnic one last time before the summer break ends on Tuesday.  We enjoyed eating on the picnic mats grandma sent us and talked about lots of things.  Saya does not eat well when we are at the park since she is so eager to get moving, but Sean finishes everything without a fuss even the apples he usually fights to eat at home.  We went to the Grass Lawn park in Redmond.  The play equipments are very unique and the slide structure which children must climb on tall nets to get on was a big hit with Sean.  Saya wanted to try it, too, but it was too high for her.  I will miss the sun, nice cool shade of leafy trees, and watching my children running around with complete contentment on their little faces.  I guess I like summer.  Maybe the out of schedule nonsense is worth it after all...

No comments: