Monday, May 27, 2013

My Boys




Mike has been taking Sean along for his morning jog lately.  Sean dressed in runner's outfit is nothing but mini Mike and he is looking more like a sporty big boy and smells his part.  They woke up early this morning and ran together from home to Larson Lake and back, the total distance of 5 miles!  Mike said a bunch of runners were quite impressed with Sean bobbing along his tall Daddy.  We might have a future long distance track star in the house.  I am marveled at seeing Sean's desire to be like his Daddy.  I thought that sort of thing happened only to other people.  How cool is it to see your child wanting to be like you!  I am proud of Mike for being an excellent role model to his children.  Fitness and taking care of your own health is a skill that needs to be taught by parents.  I am glad Mike is already teaching our children about importance of exercising.  I should follow his lead, too, but lately totally unmotivated (gained weight who knows how much...)

The littler boy, Noah, has been doing very well lately also.  We definitely enjoy talking to him more as he is starting to respond to our questions.  He clearly says "I want xxxx," when he wants something.  It's so neat that he can now tell us what he wants.  His brother and sisters started to talk to him consequently and it brings tears to my eyes to see them interacting.  Sean can be very sweet to Noah.  He asks him if he wants something in a slow and gentle voice getting down to his eye level.  When Noah answers him, he reports to me "Mommy, Noah said no!" 

It's exciting to all of us that Noah is blooming.  We are not out of the woods yet, but his future is getting brighter.

Two handsome little guys in the house, I am indeed a very lucky Mom!

No comments: