Monday, March 31, 2014

Grandma Is Here!



I've been busy for a good reason for the past one week.  My Mom descended to Seattle from Osaka last Tuesday and we are all in a special vacation mode spending time with her.  She spent the first week following me around as I endlessly run around as usual in my van.  She volunteered with me in Sean and Aly's class and even went to Sean's psychiatrist appointment.  She washes dishes, folds laundries and plays with the children.  Moms are so good to have around! 

We ventured out to Seattle waterfront last Sunday to visit the aquarium.  With three adults, we could even take Noah although he was a bit of a challenge.  Seattle Aquarium is pretty small compared to the world class marvel in Osaka, but it's a great fun for the little ones.  Sean and Aly enjoyed touching the starfish and I touched a sea urchin for the first time.  Who knew that they can move those spikes and it even has a mouth!  The staff was very knowledgeable and it was an educational experience.  Noah, once he got out of the stroller, was in a mood to explore and wanted to open every closed door, even those for employees only or ones that triggers an emergency alarm.  He was whiny and unhappy that he couldn't open them.  I had to carry him half of the time because he was so unhappy.  I want him to get used to being in a public place, so it was a good idea still to take him.   It will take many tries I am sure. 

We walked on Alaska Way and did a bit of playing tourists visiting shops and eating ice creams.  The kids found a classic merry-go-round in one of the pier buildings and had lots of fun on it.  Lucky kids got a free ride on a bicycle taxi on the boardwalk since the bike guy offered and they had tons of fun (ended up tipping him - smart guy!).  It was a beautiful day with blue sky even though the wind was a bit chilly.  We had a great time being out together.  It was tiring but well worth it.

Unfortunately, my pictures from the outing didn't get saved correctly from the SD card onto my computer and I lost all my pictures!  There were some good ones and I am disappointed!  Well, it's all in our memory and I know my kids at least will remember the day for a while. 

My sweet hubby is so excited for tomorrow since it's my birthday.  He might be more excited than me.  He is taking a day off from work so that I can have a whole day to myself.  That is a big thing for me because I don't think I had an entire day to myself since I had my first baby.  I really don't know what to do with myself.  I kind of feel nervous about it since I don't want to waste any time.  Either way, it's going to be a great birthday.  Having a wonderful family and being able to celebrate with them is a bliss.  Life is good and I feel like the luckiest person in the universe!

No comments: