Sunday, April 13, 2014

My Birthday

I was fortunate this year to be able to celebrate my birthday with my Mom.  I am her 42 year-old baby and I feel quite ancient.  It's hard to believe so many years had past by even from my college days.  I swear I still remember those days just like yesterday.  I was telling my Mom that we used to have a typewriter lab in my college and it took me hours to type up a report since the whole process involved a lot of manual labors such as looking up correct spelling in the dictionary.   My first car was 1980 Honda Civic station wagon, table tennis green.  I was compared to Kristie Yamaguchi since she was the only Asian woman most people around me knew.  I once called my Mom and told her that I want to quit college because I wanted to become a race queen (a model for F-1 racing in Japan).  Even the fashion in 90s are made fun of these days and I lived my teenage years in 80s.  How cool is that!?  I recently tried to watch MTV for a background music while cleaning, but the music and video were nothing exciting.  There used to be a storyline in songs and videos in 80s like with Bon Jovi, Tom Petty, Boy George and A-ha.  It was a very exciting time also because the world was still very new to me.  It's a very different world compared to the high tech, convenience oriented age like today and I am glad I grew up in a slower paced world.  Enough about my mumbling!  In a nutshell, I am a very happy brand new 42-year-old who is surrounded by people I love.  That is all I can ask for!

No comments: