Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Sean's Walk of Fame





Sean's class had a biography presentation event a couple of weeks ago called "walk of fame".  Each student had a famous historical figure to present and Sean picked John F. Kennedy.  They all made a poster with a drawing and wrote about the subject.  I thought they are going to present it in front of the class but instead they had a mini presentation in front of their desk.  The audience was to push a "button" on the presenter's hand to hear about the subject, sort of like a recording at a museum exhibition.  I thought that was a clever idea!  Sean did great and looked like enjoying himself.  There were many parents and grandparents jam packed in the classroom and it was very hot.  Poor boy who was wearing a white colonial wig, hat and heavy jacket was sweating.  Sean opted not to dress as JFK.  I honestly didn't know how JFK typically dressed.   I was proud of all of them as I knew how hard they all worked for this project.  They thrive with sense of accomplishment and warm encouraging words.  I hope all students grew more confident and had a positive experience in their first biography project. 

No comments: