Saturday, June 21, 2014

School Carnival



Sean and Aly's school had a fundraising carnival at their school on Friday.  I am sure I'd mentioned this before, but their elementary school is AMAZING!  First off, their building is only three years old and has the aesthetically pleasing and practical design through out.  I like their resource room which is the neatest and the most organized room of its kind.  It makes things so much easier for teachers and volunteers to get their jobs done since they are always well stocked and neatly organized.  I get very annoyed when I volunteer at Noah's school because their resource room is a mess!  We are very lucky to send my kids to awesome schools regardless of a small resource room hunch at Noah's.  They are top rated schools in a top rated school district in the State!  We got lucky considering we didn't research anything about schools when buying our house eight and half years ago. 

Where was I?  Yes, the school carnival.  It's one of the biggest events at school and the one that involves the most preparation.  There were about 20 games run by parent volunteers, ruffle drawings for big prizes, food trucks, cake walks, it was a chaotic but fun event for everyone.  I volunteered to run the ball tossing game and I tried to be as fun and cheerful as possible.  I think the kids had lots of fun at my game :-).   My kids were all over the place and seemed to be having a very good time.  I just didn't see them very much.  Mr. Reimergartin was wearing a tutu and a tiny hat on his head.  He looked very cute and told him he should keep the hat. 

The school is ending very soon and I feel sad a little since I worked very closely with the teachers this year.  It's touching to be able to see my children, their students, grow and learn the new skills together.  Sean struggled this year with his inattention and anxiety and Mr. Reimergartin and I worked as a team.  We talked about his week, what worked, what didn't, the progress he made and how he was rewarded etc... and I am just very thankful for the sincere concern and effort he put in for Sean.  This year was very special to me and was an eye opening year to see first hand how a successful school is run by both teachers and parents working together.   It's another proof, it always takes effort to create something marvelous! 

No comments: