Monday, July 7, 2014

Busy Busy Busy!

Hello everyone!  I have been so busy lately with kids out of school for the summer.  They ask me "Mommy, what can I do now?" every 15 minutes and I don't get any moment to do any housework or get on the computer.  Speaking of computer, I got a new tablet!  My 2 year-old Surface Pro started acting up and we took it into Microsoft Shop to have it replaced.  It turns out, they don't make the same kind anymore and they offered me to switch to the newer Surface.  Oh yes please!  I am glad Mike was the one who took it in because he also brought home a jazzy red keyboard and a red leather tablet case.  I am all set now :-). 

So my crazy summer started.  I don't know how those homeschooling Moms do it, but children get bored pretty easily.  I have been keeping up with reading and writing for Sean and Alyson, but they finish them in about an hour and half the max.  The rest of the time are spent at the park, backyard, farmer's market, library and more park.  I am already tanned dark from standing around outside playing goalie so that Noah won't escape.  Noah has been a handful lately even more so than the last time I made the same statement!  He is so active and fast, I have to stay alert all the time even inside the house.  He bounces around like a ping pong ball on the furniture and off the windows sills.  He hangs from the curtain rods like a Tarzan!  He even manages to climb on the 6 feet fence in the backyard and I am so afraid he is going to climb over it soon.  Do we need to build a bubble around him and the house?  I wish we can figure out the way to best use his talent and energy in safer and useful way! 

It's tiring, but we are enjoying our summer.  It's so nice to feel the sunshine on my skin as we don't get to do that most of the months here in the Pacific Northwest.  The trees, plants and flowers look pretty happy and so are the people.  It's a bonus that driving around town is easy since there are less cars on the road during summer.   I was planning to take the girls to Japan this summer, but we postponed it to October.  My mother had a surgery to remove a cyst on her wrist and I wanted to go help her, but the airfare this summer is too ridiculous.  My Mom had her surgery and recovering nicely from it.  She helped me when I had my babies and I truly wished I could go.  Moms are grand.  Not that I can ever return everything she gave me.

I will post pictures we took recently unedited.  I cannot find my Photoshop CD :-(

Here they are:
Saya and Aly's Japanese school had a show in mid June.  Saya was dancing to a Japanese children's song.  Cute and funny - both of my girls acted like they have no clue what they were doing...

Aly danced her ballet number.  An assistant girl was behind Aly to help her out and she pretty much stayed behind Sly most of the time :-)
Mike had his big 40th birthday in mid June.  I don't think he was to thrilled to be in 40s but really what can you do?  LOL
Aly had her gymnastic show, too.  Busy girl.  She was very proud of her medal she received for attending the show.

Aly looked pretty in the sun in the backyard.

They are always happier outside.

Our messy and chaotic picnic.  I look forward to the day when I can picnic in style again (if I ever did).

Noah was taking a break from running and climbing.  He must be training to become a Ninja.  That is the only explanation.

No comments: