Friday, July 25, 2014

Ready for Football!!

Proud Daddy.  Just look at Mike's smile! 

"No, turn that way, bend your knees!!"

A football star gotta practice posing.  Then only thing is... his mouth thing looks like a pacifier to me.


Sean is going to be playing football in a local junior football team this season and picked up his gears on Tuesday.  He was so excited and anxious at the same time, he could not stop talking about it.  "Maybe the coach will make me a Wide Receiver," he said and then the next minute in the dramatic note said "what if I am a terrible receiver?".   I assured him that the coach will pick the best position for him and that all he needs to do is try his best.  Sean practices catching and throwing everyday.  He is a decent thrower although his challenge is making long passes.  His ball spins straight perfectly most of the time and it's better than most older kids throwing at parks in my opinion.

Mike took Sean for gear fitting and pick up.  He sent me some pictures of Sean being fitted and he looked so cute with huge helmet and shoulder armor.  He had a big smile on his face and looked like he was enjoying the moment.  They later went out to eat dinner and stopped at a sporting goods store to pick up a few things he needs.  When they came home, Sean modeled for us.  His helmet is huge on his skinny body and shoulder pads made him look like he is ready to battle the aliens.  I am not even sure if he can ran like that.  Of course he has do the test run, so he played catch with Daddy downstairs with the uniform on.  He moved a bit awkwardly, but I am sure he will get used to it.  Daddy was just as excited as Sean and was making Sean pose for lots of pictures. 

The daily practice starts on 8/12.  He will discover that being a committed athlete takes a lot of physical and mental effort.  It will be a good lesson for him and I hope he will stick with it.  He will be very busy once the season starts with regular practices and weekly game on Sundays.  I didn't have much opportunity to play sports when I was a kid, so I am happy that my kids are starting to participate in group sports activities.  The girls are currently taking gymnastics, but I will see if I can put them in soccer, softball or basketball. 

Before the football season starts, Sean and Mike are going to Disneyland in Anaheim in early August.  It is a surprise for Sean and 40th birthday present for Mike from my parents.  Mike is very excited to go on vacation with his firstborn.  Thank you so much Mom and Dad!  They are going to make an awesome memory together!!

No comments: