Sunday, July 20, 2014

Successful Dentist Visit

 
 
The video of the visit:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=97t7-VVXGyE&feature=youtu.be

I took Sean and Saya to their bi-annual dentist visit last Wednesday.  Aly came along, too, to be a cheerleader for the nervous brother and sister.  I wasn't too worried about two of them because they've done fine in the previous visit.  Oh wait, Saya was actually oppositional to the hygienist the last time.  She wouldn't lay down properly or refused to open her mouth.  I was hopeful though since she seemed excited that she is going to the dentist.  They give the little patients a coin to put in the toy vending machine at the end and Saya was very excited to get it.  Sean was a little nervous, but he was polite and did what the hygienist asked him to do.  He even let her take an X-ray.  I have never ever seen his mouth X-ray before.  It was the cutest thing I have seen recently!  Beneath the baby teeth I could see the grown-up teeth lining up waiting for their time.  It was like a busy teeth apartment with double rows of teeth and his wisdom teeth are already forming on the back.  There was one bad news though.  The dentist said he has two extra teeth buried above his front tooth.  He said it's very common for Asians to have.  That means he has to have orthodontist extract those two teeth and it is going to be a big dental surgery for Sean...  $$$$ Oh well!  I figured we would spend a lot of money on kids' teeth.  It was the best dentist visit in terms of how they did and I was very proud of them! 

No comments: