Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Richard Sherman Softball Game







 
 
 
I saw an announcement for a charity softball game organized by one of Sean's favorite players in Seattle Seahawks and I just had to get the tickets for my boys (Mike and Sean).  Mike was very much looking forward to going with Sean, but he was sore from the long distance relay style race the day before.  So, lucky me took Sean to the game at Safeco Field last Sunday. 

Apart from glamour and fame, I admire famous people who use their celebrity status to do the good like Richard Sherman is doing.  Richard Sherman is one of the best corner back in NFL currently and known for his spirited and outspoken character.  All the proceeds from the softball game goes to help underprivileged children through his charity, Richard Sherman Family Foundation.  What a great person.  As I learn more about each players, I become more proud of our team, Seattle Seahawks!

Safeco Field was packed with 22,000 people and they were all there to have a good time.  Most of us were wearing Seahawks jersey or shirts and it was like going to a real football game.  I got to do the Seahawks chants and it was all so much fun.  They called the names of the players and there were many famous players participating in the game.  Richard Sherman, Russell Wilson, Earl Thomas, Doug Baldwin, Jermaine Kearse, Mike Bennett, Kobe Bryant, Mackilmore to name a few.  It was exciting to see them off the TV screen although I had seen some of them in person much closer.  I ran into Earl Thomas once at Costco and then Doug Baldwin at Microsoft store. 

The game was hilarious!  They may know football, but oh boy they were actually terrible at softball!  They would fall and not catch a fly ball, and they cannot aim well when throwing to a base.  When someone hits a ball, it's almost certain that the player would end up scoring.  I could see their character coming out, too, like Earl Thomas gets serious during any game.  Kobe seemed like a mellow type and Russell is a clean cut guy for real.  Doug Baldwin is playful and a clown type making lots of jokes.  Sean sat quietly most of the time but occasionally cheer the players.  He was having a very good time.  I pretended that I was a professional sports photographer with my old Canon.  How it would be wonderful to be in the field shooting with a fancy sports camera. 

We made another awesome memory together and decided we should come and enjoy ball games more often!

No comments: