Monday, June 6, 2016

Flag Football



Sean has been playing flag football in a local league since April.  It's a breeze compared to the tackle football he played for the past two years.  No gears, just clothes and mouthpiece.  The practice and game are combined to one day, so it is only once a week.  Sean likes it because he doesn't have to wear heavy pads and helmet and his best friend is in his team, too.  This week is his last game and it's a playoff!  Sean has been playing good enough, but the team has more losses than wins.  Mike says there are several good players, but many of them are not so motivated.  I was hoping his team is more aggressive, but it is what it is.  Sean himself is not that type, either.  He is so skinny just like how I was when I was a kid.  He has a low muscle tone and although his is light, he doesn't have the power.  I am working very hard to put on muscle with yoga, too, and I can just imagine how he will be as a teen - unless, Mike's gene kicks in after puberty!  He wants to do basketball this summer, so I will find a class for him.  Life with a pre-teen sporty boy is a busy life.  I am glad he enjoys being active outside!

No comments: