Saturday, March 20, 2010

Grandpa's visit and Ayrie and Rion's BD party

Dress up play at the party
Ayrie dressing up as a princess

Little model, Rion
Ayrie and her daddy, Bhaskar

Shasha and Aly reading

Sean and Saya at the party

Rion going for the cake!

Grandpa and Saya bonding time

Grandpa and Shasha came to see us this weekend. They arrived on Friday evening and they will be departing to Oregon coast tomorrow morning. Sean was so eager to see Grandpa and Shasha, he sat by the kitchen window on the counter determined to be the first one to sight their white van (they came in their truck instead). But he acted shy when they actually arrived. The kids were happy to see their dog, Ralph, too, and did not leave the poor dog alone for even a few seconds. We mostly hang out and spent time together and kids were excited to get more attention from all of us.

Our friend Jen has been giving us homemade Korean food these days and we enjoyed her Kimchees, pickled garlic, spicy miso soup (forgot what it is called) and chea gae (sp?) with rice cakes in it. They were amazing!! They also gave us a cedar plank when I told her that I am cooking salmon! I smoked the salmon in the grill using the plank and it turned out great! Thank you so much Jen and Kevin!! The female side of the family took a ride to get fresh donuts at Top Pot in downtown Bellevue this morning and they were really good, too. Mike and Bob went to get cupcakes at Trophy Cupcakes after spending manly man time at a sports bar, too, and I probably gained about a pound this weekend.

Sean, Saya and I went to celebrate Ayrie and Rion's birthday party in the afternoon. Hanae and I met in the birthing class we both happened to take and later on reunited in the baby and me class. I guess we were meant to be friends! They are a great family and Mike and I admire them a lot. Ayrie is such a cute little girl, smart, compassionate and full of smiles. Rion, her little brother, is an adorable little boy who is learning good manners and superb verbal skills from his big sis. I can say it for my kids but yes all of our kids are growing up so fast! We'll be celebrating our kids' birthday together for a long time, I am sure.


No comments: