Sunday, April 4, 2010

Birthday and Easter








I have been meaning to post, but I was not very motivated this week.

We had a very good week with my 38th birthday on Thursday, another date night on Friday and Easter on Sunday. I felt pretty satisfied that I turned 38 as a mother of four and married to a good man. My life is near perfect and I want to thank my parents for raising me to be appreciative of what I have, to be able to tackle any problems that come my way, and to strive to improve myself for the better. It may sound like a pretty ordinary things to say, but I came pretty far from when I first hopped off from a tiny plane at the Twin Falls airport 20 years ago! I hit so many walls, bumped and bruised myself and sometimes didn't see a point in getting up in the morning, but all those things made me a toughie that I am today. I have a lot of work to do of course, but I do feel that I am starting to enjoy the fruit of my labor. Maybe it is too premature to make a statement like that, I am only 38 not 60, but at this moment that is the way I feel. And it's a good thing!

Mike and I went to I love Sushi on Lake Bellevue for a date on Friday. I really wanted to eat good sushi as it has been too long! Well, we went to the right place. The atmosphere was great and the food took me to a different planet. We sat at the counter (we always like to sit at the counter when we go for sushi) and I heard the lady sitting next to me mention about my home town, Yodogawa-ku. So, I started to talk to her and she was from Nishi Yodogawa-ku Utajima which is pretty close to my house. We thought that was pretty cool because you don't really meet people who lived so close that often. And then her friend, a Japanese guy, said he went to College of Idaho in Caldwell and found out that he and I have some mutual friends! That was so much fun to chat about my old friends from Idaho. Small world! We exchanged contact details and decided that we'll have Osaka party sometime.

Easter - we didn't do much for Easter, but one thing we did was egg hunting around the front yard. After we put Saya to her morning nap, Mike went to hide 12 eggs filled with stickers inside (didn't like the idea of giving kids too many chocolates and candies) and some toys in the front yard. The kids had so much fun finding the eggs and the toys. Sean was being cute helping his sister find eggs. Noah wasn't too interested but had fun being outside. We thought of going to the church, but then Saya's nap schedule didn't work out. Plus, I am not a fan of their nursery (their toys are blackened because they don't clean them...)

So, we had a pretty good week. Sean's school is out for spring break this week, so we'll see how it goes. I might just turn insane.

No comments: