Friday, December 31, 2010

1 hour and ten minutes left




It's New Year's Eve and I am the last one left in the kitchen, posting my last blog post for the year. What a year we had. It started with the youngest barely crawling and is about to exit with four bigger, happy and more willful children! 2010 has been the busiest and mentally challenging year for me caring for four little tots while juggling tight schedules and special diet for the boys. We've worked with so many professionals and scrutinized all litterateurs I could find which concerns autism, neurological disorders, chromosome deletions, probiotics, gluten and casein free diets... you get the idea. It was the year of learning for us and we will continue to be on the look out for the latest information out there.




It also was a year of surprise after discovering that I have ADHD. I reflected on my childhood and how I go about my day and was able to see my strength and weaknesses clearer than ever after the diagnosis. I suspect that the hectic nature of my life now made my ADHD tendencies surface. My spontaneity is getting me far in some areas such as researching, but what I desperately need now is staying on top of things, which requires the ability to focus. I am excited to work on myself though and all geared up (literally - collected organizational gears from Staples the other day and got an organization advice book) to start a new year with some improvements!




The highlights of the year 2010 are;


1) Sean's speech reaches his peer level,


2) Sean made a best friend,


3) Alyson and Sean are best mates at home,


4) Saya walked at 15 months,


5) Noah makes more eye contacts,


6) Mike lost 30 lbs and ran a half marathon,


7) I lost about 12 pounds and fit into size 2 pants without running,


8) addition of a guest room in the basement and laundry room off the main level,


9) Saya became the boss in the house.




The best gift of all is having my Mom here for Christmas and my Dad arriving tomorrow to meet Saya for the very first time. Family is the most important thing for me in the universe. The connection, the invisible dotts are keeping us together and I am happy and feel perfectly cozy to be a part of warm and caring family.




Thank you for reading my blog! I hope you continue to visit my page in 2011!


Happy New Year to you, from all of us!!






Sean this evening... He is sick with fever. Looks like he'll be sick on the New Year's Day...



Amy fixed Saya's hair yesterday She looked like a doll!


Saya with her "Chunky". It's her favrite old onesie she sleeps with every night and a must have item when she is cranky.


Grandma trying to break a fight. This happens every three minutes in my house.


Christmas morning - Sean got up first and found the stockings stuffed. Saya quietly observed.


Opening presents! I don't think the kids' eyes were settled in one item for longer than 30 seconds.


Scattered toys and wrappers, two happy little girls!


Aly opening a present from Nana and Pinky.


We had the Dutts over for Christmas Dinner. We stuffed ourselves until we could not help but to rub our rounded belly.


Asian style Christmas cake. It was yummy!


No comments: