Friday, February 25, 2011

The late snow and count down begins!




Sean insisted on wearing a scarf and hat.


We mixed colors to make more interesting colors and kids enjoyed guessing what the color might look like.



The snow storm #2 arrived the Pacific Northwest on Wednesday evening and covered everything in white. It is unusual since it's almost March and I was ready to exchange my snow tires to the regular ones. I briefly had a vision of Sean wearing a party hat looking sad because no one showed up to the party because of snow. Hmm...



Sean really wanted to play outside with the snow, but I wanted to make sure his coughs improve by Saturday. He was not a happy camper, looking outside the window with a sad face. It would have been fun in fact to play around in the snow... Suddenly, my idea light came on in my head and thought "why not bring the snow inside?" I pulled out two big storage bins from the shed and grabbed a shovel. I busily filled the bins with snow and took them in the kitchen where I laid several plastic picnic mats. I threw some small shovels, cups and containers in all sizes and the kids quickly gathered around to play! Saya could not believe how snow could hurt her tiny fingers and kept touching it and staring at her hands. Sean built a tunnel and Alyson was busy making "ice cream". Noah wasn't into it and left after giving a few pat. Later when the kids started to get bored with it, I pulled out food colorings and stained the snow. We played for a long time making rainbows and mixing up all the colors. They had tons of fun.


The snow day means nothing gets done around the house, but we had a good time even if we could not go outside. The preparation for the party and Aaron and Tina's visit could wait another day, couldn't they? I sure hope so!

No comments: