Monday, February 21, 2011

Mid Winter Break~

Noah and his pal at KidsQuest. The photo is blurry because I took it with my cell phone.

The public schools in Bellevue are out this week. That means, Sean and Noah don't have anything pretty much all day everyday and that means I have to be more energetic and creative to make sure the kids aren't bored and picking up fights for fun. I took four kids to the KidsQuest Museum and spent about two hours playing with a hundred children crammed in the small space. Noah might have been a little scared because all he did was cling to this statue of a raccoon by the entrance and he didn't move very far from it. That was very convenient for me knowing where to find him, but I felt a little bad for him. It was busy and noisy in there. Aly, Sean and Saya spent most of the time at the water play area and managed to get themselves wet despite the waterproof aprons.


We encountered a Mamazilla following her son around about 3 years of age retrieving toys for him and making sure his experience there is as enjoyable and comfortable as possible. Apparently, Aly took a toy the boy was playing with and I saw her demanding Aly to return the toy to her son in a pretty rude way (like an angry customer demanding her money back kinda way). I quickly went over and asked her what is going on and she said impatiently, "your daughter took the toy my son was playing with!" I didn't want to make a big deal out of it, so I didn't tell her my opinion, but really? Shouldn't her son be mad instead of her? There sure are all sorts of Moms out there!



Today was only the day one and I am hoping some green tea would boost my energy up tomorrow to survive another day with four energetic kids!

No comments: