Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Snow Storm 2012

Saya had so much fun in snow, she didn't want to go inside.

Mike clearing the driveway.  It snowed and snowed the next day and gotten about 7 inches more.

Sean enjoyed sledding and so did the entire kids on the neighborhood.

Aly wanted to sled all by herself.

Saya bear. She got tired and just sat down to rest.

Pretty winter scene.
Last Wednesday, a big snow storm hit the Puget Sound and turned out world all white for a few days.  I drove to YMCA for my bolywood workout on Tuesday night, but the Y was closed early for pending snow storm.  I looked up at the sky and doubted it really coming.  The sky was clear with some clouds and it wasn't that cold at all.  I went home, a little disappointed and looked at the weather map online.  It mentioned something about wet moisture from the south and cold arctic air from the north combined makes a serious snow weather.  It said the snow will start falling on early morning on Wednesday and boy they were right!  I woke up at 6 am and the whole neighborhood was covered in snow!

Sean was super excited to see the snow.  He was jumping up and down in his pj.  The school called previous night to report there is now school that day, so we had all day to admire and play in snow.  That means Mike also worked from home.  The driving conditions or the other drivers I must say pose quite a danger driving in snow in this area.  We rarely get snow and everyone freaks out with slight snow on the road. 

After lunch, the neighborhood kids started to come out and play in snow.  I dag out show gears for the kids and put them in the bulky, warm clothes.  Saya became quite round with all the clothes Mommy made her wear.  I could not find the gloves for Alyson and she had to play in wool mittens instead of waterproof kinds.  I also pulled out the sled we brought from California out of the shed.  Our front yard is slightly sloped, so we had fun sledding in our own front yard!  The children cook turns without fighting and we all had a good time.  I was getting cold and bored, but the kids could have played there all day. 

I stocked up on food and necessities prior to the storm's arrival so we did not have to go out at all.  I did not go out for five days and I was quite stir crazy.  The kids also were all couped up in the house except playing in snow and started to fight a lot towards the end.   The snow lasted for a while but finally melted by Saturday. 

Snow storm, it was fun having you but thank goodness you left!  I hope not to see you for another year~

No comments: