Friday, September 21, 2012

Best Chinese Food Ever!


 
It's funny how little kids can self-boast effortlessly without sounding annoying.  Sean would say "I am pretty awesome!" and gives me a happy enthusiastic smile as clean as fresh sheets.  Saya would twirl in her pink tutu and tells me how cute she is.  It's a good thing at some point before reaching adulthood, we learn to restrain ourselves from uttering those kind words to self (although I see more people embarrassingly crossing the line thanks to YouTube). 

I let Sean and Saya "cook" the dinner last night since they looked bored and started to fight.  The menu of the night was Mabo Tofu (Chinese style tofu dish) and cooked spinach.  They uncomfortably crammed themselves together on the step ladder (they both didn't want to give up their spot) and cooked the meat and put the veggies in the pot.  I've served this dish before to Sean but he turned up his nose and wouldn't even let it sit on his plate.  Well, after finishing, he sat at the table and to my surprise, he dug right in and exclaimed "Mmmmm, this is the best Chinese food ever!"  It had lots of peas in it and he usually has the hardest time eating those little green suckers, but he didn't even take a second look.  Mike and I played along and told him he made the best Mabo Tofu we've ever had and he'd earned another "awesomeness" to his growing innocent ego.

No comments: