Monday, April 15, 2013

Spring Break 2013

Daddy's Kiss ~ Aly was upset about something and was comforting her. 

Saya took nearly 3 hours to finish her candy.  I don't give kids candies, but she got one at a birthday party.  Sean was amazed how long she kept working at it. 


I am reminded how busy I am having no school for the girls and the big boy.  Noah has morning therapy everyday and that is a saving grace for having one less kid at least part of the day and it forces us to get out of the house.  I appreciate school even more now that I am left with bored children!  I don't know what to do when summer comes.  It's the dilemma I face every year, loving the sunshine and not being able to enjoy it at full extent.  So is life and I am in need of a positive cup of tea. 

In the craziness, I managed to make some appointments for some cleaning jobs around the house.  A roof cleaner is pressure washing the roof as I comfortably sit indoors, in rain and wind.  He will wash my deck and drive way next after battling the fuzzy carpet of moss on the roof.  A window cleaner will come tomorrow to make my windows look nice.  I wish I could hire away and get all the projects DONE.  It's been seven years since I've been putting many projects off because I have babies!

My photography project is stalling, for I haven't taken any good pictures lately.  I have been playing around with some photo editing programs and learning some new tricks.  Back in 35mm film days when I developed my own pictures, each process took a while and the persistence and precision made a presentable picture.   To have a special end product, you had to have an eye for art and luck in  addition.  However, the instant digital photography and advanced editing programs made things easy for any photographers to create decent pictures.  Art show worthy photography is a bar higher now and there is no excuse to present sub par work.  I will need to learn more about the editing programs and although it is challenging, I am excited to be able to apply all sorts of cool effects and make my pictures look artful!

We wished we saw more sun during the break, but this is Seattle.  We get antsy in spring coming out from drizzly winter months every year.  The gray sky, depression and coffee drinking are a way of life around here, but so are beautiful rain forests, fresh seafood, less traffic and great coffee.  There are always pros and cons in any cities and for us the pros weigh heavier than cons living in this ever so green city.  As much as I day dream about wearing sunglasses in winter, I like living here.  I look forward to exploring the state with the kids when they are a little bigger. 

Spring Break, you had totally different meaning when I was a student.  The children liked you but I am glad you are gone now!

No comments: