Thursday, July 18, 2013

In Love With Summer



 
No doubt, summer is the prettiest season in Seattle.  It's like a different city compared to the gray drizzly seasons which are fall, winter and spring.  I took the sunshine for granted when we used to live in California.  Now things are different!  I love the sun and just seeing the clear blue sky puts me in a better mood (at least for the morning).

I am busy hauling kids to different places as usual.  Noah has therapies from 9 am to 12 pm everyday, so the morning rush continues from the school year.  At least we don't have to agonize ourselves when the school starts.  I load up the kids around 8:40 am to drive up to Redmond (I really should leave at 8:30 instead) Sargent style.  They often shove each other to get to their seats and a few screams can be heard.  I tell them to be quiet (tell is a nice way to describe it) and check their seat belts. I often forget Noah's shoes since I carry him to the car.  I also often forget his backpack, which is embarrassing.  Here I am taking Noah to his therapies and I sound like I need therapy myself!

During transit, kids often talk about funny things.  Like this morning, they were talking about who to marry.  It sort of went like this.

Sean: I don't want to marry a princess because I don't want to be a prince. 
Me:  Why not?
Sean: Because I want to be an architect! (in an annoyed tone) 
Aly:  I want to marry a prince!
Saya: Me, too! 
Sean: There are no princes in real life.
Me: There are!
Sean: How many princes are in America?  Like 10?
Me: Nope not in America.
Saya: I want to marry a dog!
Sean: You can't marry a dog!  They can't dance!
Aly: I want to marry an unicorn!
Sean: Unicorns can't dance, either!
Aly: They can!  Like this. (she pretended to dance with an unicorn)
All: Laugh

They went on and on about different animals and things to marry and how they might be able to dance.  Sean thinks getting married is dancing(?)  I asked him if he wanted to marry me.  He quickly shot down by saying "you are already married, Mommy!"  How innocent the children are?!  I will cherish their genuine kid moments like this while I can hold them close.

Summer is a wonderful time since I get to spend more time with the children.  It's tiring for sure and feels like running a marathon everyday, but at the end of the day I feel quite satisfied with my life.  I learned though that summer is not the best time to quit coffee.  It lasted only a week and now I am guzzling down java like spinach deprived Popeye.  Isn't that funny how his spinach came from a can?    I guess it reflects the time. 

No comments: