Sunday, July 28, 2013

On Photography






I have been fascinated by the art of photography lately and started to consider taking a step to become a professional photographer.  I enjoy taking pictures of people, buildings, random street scenes etc... and I love that I can freeze the time forever in a photo. 

As a first step, I finally pulled out the little manual booklet which came with the Canon I've had for several years.  I've always used the automatic mode for easy snapping, but boy there is a whole new world out there in the manual side.  I have so much to learn and I am taking notes as I learned something new about the camera as well as the photo editing software I have called Photoshop Element.  I get in my zone when it comes to photography and that is a sign... I really like creating  great photos!

I asked my friend, Hanae, to be my first model (apart from my family) and we set out at my choice of location in Issaquah last Sunday.  She has just completed her Yoga teacher course and will be starting out her new career as a Yoga instructor soon.  She was in need for some photos for her portfolio, so it worked out well for both of us.

The photo shoot was fun!  We started out just taking photos for her head shots and then her poses.  I was careful with the camera settings and I think the photos turned out pretty well.   I hope she likes the photos and they help her stand out in her resume. 

I am hoping to get a newborn and children models next.  I am very excited to build up my collections and get lots of practices with not only the use of the camera but also the techniques to bring out the best in people while shooting.  That is probably where the difference is - a great photographer capture the essence of people by making the subject relaxed. 

I am excited to begin this new goal of mine (old but new).  Who knew a few classes in college could plant a seed in me AND it is finally sprouting after nearly two decades later? 

No comments: