Thursday, May 8, 2014

Happy Birthday, Saya!


 




 

My baby girl turned big five in the last week of April.  The surprise baby is not a baby anymore but she will forever be my baby.  She was so excited to be five and thought being five would mean she is going to be half of a grown-up.  She thought she would earn lots of privileges like eating ice creams whenever she wants to (that is a grown-up privilege, isn't it?) but that is a wishful thinking, Saya! 

We opted to not having a party this year for her since I was too slow to organize one and kind of tired of having kids' parties at home.  Instead, I took the three kids (not Noah) to an overnight stay at an indoor pool resort, Great Wolf Lodge, about an hour and half south of Bellevue.  It was a big surprise for them and kids were stunned like they won a jackpot.  I wish I had captured their reaction on a camera!  I picked up Sean and Aly at school at 11:45 and they had no idea where they were going.  I had already packed their luggage so we went straight to the resort after school.  Saya didn't remember her last visit to the resort since she was only about 2 years old.  The kids loved it of course and I was just plain wiped from being a chaperon to three excited children.  I mean, Sean woke up at 5 am, ready to swim!

The highlight of Saya's birthday must be (I hope) her cake.  I baked a sponge cake with strawberry cream filling.  The decoration was her favorite American cartoon character from Little Pet Shop series.  It took all of Sunday morning, but it was worth it.  I love making cakes for my babies.  Spring is a busy time for baking for me with three kid birthdays.  She received gifts from Mom and Dad, all her siblings, Nana and grandma.  All the gifts were spot on and that made Alyson very jealous.  I think she was crying much of the time while Saya was opening her presents.  She is only a year older after all.  I forget that because Alyson is very very tall. 

I think Saya had an excellent 5th birthday.  She is such an one of a kind type of person and brightens my day everyday.  I love you so much Saya! 

No comments: