Wednesday, April 22, 2015

Easter 2015









I am finally working on the Easter post and it is still April!  I might be able to catch up to the current event if I keep this up :-)

Easter this year was a bit of a torture for me.  I was still sick with high fever and a couple of my children were also on antibiotics.  We weren't well at all to celebrate anything but the kids were looking forward to it so much, I sucked it up and went shopping the night before to collect items for the egg hunting in the backyard. 

My Mom helped put the candies and a little nick knacks in the plastic eggs.  She also sneaked out and hid them in the backyard.  The girls got dressed up in their Easter dresses from last year and were ready to go.  They all waited by the patio door with their buckets in their hands.  They ran out the door when it was time and excitedly looked for the eggs.  Some eggs were easy to find and others, well my Mom also forgot where they were.  There were 27 eggs total and each kid got about 8 eggs.  Noah wasn't interested in looking for eggs.  He just wanted to climb out of the fence and immediately started climbing the fence door.  That kid may become one of those escape artist you see on TV...

We did not do dinner because we were sick, so we took it easy all day other than the egg hunting.  I felt bad for my Mom and Nana since we could not celebrate Easter the traditional way.  I bought lamb for the dinner, but it had to wait.  Well, I suppose some years are going to be like this.  The children had a fun Easter and being able to spend it with my family, especially with my Mom itself was something memorable.

No comments: