Tuesday, May 5, 2015

Thank you Grandma Marie




On April 9, we lost an amazing person whom we called Grandma Marie.  She was Mike's grandmother, Bob's mother.  She was 94 years old.  She was injured on March 19 from a bad fall at her home and although she became stable, she never recovered.  Mike was able to see her on that weekend in Boise and we are glad he drove down to see her.  She was able to see all her grandchildren that weekend and I am sure that meant a lot to her.   She was amazing because she was so graceful and witty even in her ripe age of 90s.  She lived by herself in a small condo in Boise, which she kept immaculately neat and clean.  When she came to visit us in Seattle, she never was sitting down.  She cleaned up the kitchen, picked off things from the floor, talked to the great-grandchildren... she was the perfect guest.  She enjoyed drinking Manhattan and ice like a boss in late afternoon.  Those are the things I will remember about her. Her neatly curled hair and stylish clothes represented her spruce character.  She was a rare gem. Grandma Marie, thank you so much for accepting me as your granddaughter-in-law.  I really enjoyed talking to you and learned a lot from you.  I am sorry you were not able to attend Sam's wedding physically, but I know you will be there in spirit.  That is how my grandmother attended my wedding.  Life takes sudden unexpected turn sometimes but I know you took your fate gracefully.  I want to age like you when I grow old.  I miss hearing your soft voice and seeing your kind smiles.  It was very nice to be able to spend the past 18 years knowing you.   Good bye Grandma Marie...

No comments: