Wednesday, May 27, 2015

Saya's Gymnastics Party





I cannot skip writing about Saya's birthday party on May 2 at her Gymnastics place.  I thought about having her party at home, but I've decided to treat her and friends for a good time with a gymnastics themed birthday party.  She invited all her girl classmates to the party.  We were only allowed to bring 16 friends, hence only girls.  I am sure the boys would have had a good time, too. 

The party lasted for an hour and half and the first 60 minutes were spent running around, playing games, learning some gym moves etc... The kids were red cheeked, giggly and were having a very good time.  Saya was showing off some of her gym moves and looked very content.  Our neighbor friend, Henry, who is eight entertained the girls with his silliness and the girls were going wild.  Life is quite simple for a little six years-olds!  Sean was glad to have a boy playmate, too, so I am glad Henry was able to come. 

The last 30 minutes were food and cake time.  I didn't bake her a cake this year since I was very busy.  The school has so many events in May and I was quite overwhelmed by everything.  Since I anticipated many children, I ordered a big sheet cake from Costco.  It happened that some children couldn't make it and some of them didn't even want to eat it, we had a big left over.  Mike was happy about it and I gave some away to the neighbors. 

The preparation was stressful as usual, but I am glad Saya had a nice birthday party.  I go back and forth about having a party at home and at a venue.  While it is easier to have a party at the venue, I still feel the party at home is more personal.  I get to chat with the parents more, too, if I have it at home.   So, I think I will have a home party next year.  I was very impressed with the service the gym class provided though.  They made sure the kids are having fun and stay safe.  Some little guests told me when I saw them at school that they had so much fun at the party.  Our little princess will remember the day for years to come, I am sure!

No comments: