Wednesday, May 20, 2015

Saya's 6th Birthday

Saya is now officially six!  Her baby days do feel like a long time ago since she is a tall and independent little girl, but she is still my baby girl.  When I told her that she will always be my baby, she came over to me and softly whispered in my ear slowly "every day".  She knows how to melt my heart.  The youngest always seems to know. 

Due to the schedule of the party place, we held her birthday party on May 2.  On her actual birthday, I went to school and took 24 birthday cupcakes and 24 mini chopsticks to give as gifts to the children.  Every child look forward to celebrating his or her birthday in the class.  Saya looked very happy and a bit shy about her birthday.  When she saw me coming in, she smiled shyly and the other children got excited since they get to sing a birthday song and eat a treat.  I think the kids in Saya's class are especially cute this year.  I've volunteered in Aly's kindergarten class, too, but somehow the children in Saya's group are friendlier and act like they like me :-)

There are some boys who are restless and too quick with mouth.  They always get in trouble by Miss Lowy and usually sit in a different spot than rest of the class.  They are though unique and bright little boys and I enjoy talking to them.  Then there are those cute kids with babyish voices who are friendly with big kid gestures.  They make me smile every time I see them.  There are some sweet ones who always hug me and act like I just made their day.  You can see why I enjoy volunteering at school.  I really like getting to know each children and maybe give them encouragement during the short time we spend together. 

Anyway, I am a queen off going off the track... After school, Nana came over and we had some cupcakes (again) and opened presents.  Saya received many gifts and she said she loved everything that were given to her.  She was a very happy brand new 6 year-old by the end of the day.  My sweet little baby girl is getting so big.  A bright future awaits you, little Saya!  You bring joy and laughter to all of us.  Happy 6th Birthday!!




No comments: