Thursday, July 9, 2015

Hello from the sky!

Guess where I am writing from?  Yes, up above 34,000 feet to be exact, flying somewhere between Alaska and Russian Islands.  All I had to do was pay $30 and I have the access to WiFi during the entire 9 hours of flight.  It's tltally worth it, don't you think?

The girls and I are heading to Japan for a three-week vacation.  The airplane tickets this summer was reasonable, so we jumped on it.  It is exciting because we will be there for 23 days compared to the usual 14.  Mike was able to take three weeks off from work, so it all worked out very well.  Of course, he would like to visit Japan but he is happy to spend time with the boys.  I am hoping they will have a wonderful time together!

So, here we are about 4 hours into the flight.  The girls have been watching the in-flight entertainment TV and movies.  They are doing very well.  I think Alyson is watching her second show now and still awake.  Saya is hanging on but looks a bit sleepy.  It is almost midnight back in America, so they should be feeling tired.  All the excitement though.  I don't blame them.

Leaving Noah was hard for me.  I tried to explain to him that I will be gone for three weeks but will come back.  I wrote some simple pictures on post-it notes and he was listening to me intently.  I hope he understood.  Mommy has been always around and when I am suddenly gone, he might become upset.  With the escape incident still fresh in my mind, he worries me everyday.  I know Mihe will make sure he is safe, so I should relax.

We have about 5 hours left in flight but if we make it to 3 hours, then it goes quick after that.  So if I watch 2 more movies, it should be all set.  I wish someone invent a faster plane.  Being stuck in a small space with a bunch of people for a long time is uncomfortable!  I will suck it up though.  It will arrive eventually!

Well I just wanted to post because... I can!
I am amazed at the technology now days!



No comments: