Friday, July 3, 2015

Shasha and Grandpa's Visit










Shasha and Grandpa visited us with Archie, their new puppy a couple weeks ago.  Kids were very excited to meet Archie and of course, spend time with their grandparents from Idaho.  I got the house ready just in time.  I was warned that Archie is good at stealing things that are not tucked away.  I told the kids to keep their doors closed since there are many potential victims laying around in their rooms.  They are very easy guests, so no stress at all.  I picked up few things like wine and beer from the store and it was all good. 

They arrived in the late afternoon by which time the kids asked when they are arriving for the 100th time.  When they rolled in, the girls were jumping.  They couldn't contain themselves to meet the new puppy.  Archie is not exactly a puppy-looking anymore as he is 10 month old.  He is practically a kid in an adult dog body. He wasn't sure of us when we first met, but they were soon bouncing around together getting all hyper.  I would say, they got along great!

 It was a beautiful weekend in high 70s and they enjoyed a tad cooler weather from where they are from.  Us Seattleites are still getting used to the summery temperatures and it felt a bit too hot for us under the sun.  The three kids and I took Shasha to the farmer's market in Issaquah and had a lunch there.  Kids ate wood-fired pizzas and adults shared a Pad Thai dish.  I picked up a box of fresh strawberries.  I hadn't been to Issaquah market for a long time and was surprised to see variety of booths with arts, fresh produce and delicious looking meals. 

The Cougar Mountain Zoo is a small zoo with more animal statues than actual animals.  Kids and I go there maybe once a year because it is very close to our house and the small size is nice for adults.  Zoos, I think, is extremely tiring to adults usually.  Kids are all excited to explore and observe the animals, but us parents are usually chasing the children around in an ever lasting maze of exhibitions and become a step stool for kids to see the animals.  Maybe because I am over 40?  I used to like zoos.  Hmmm...

Mike and Grandpa went for dinner at I Love Sushi for Father's Day and Grandpa kindly paid for the dinner.  Thank you, Bob!  The rest of us had dinner at home and it was delicious.  I usually don't drink but I had some wine and beer while they were staying.  Ever since, I have been drinking a bit here and there.  It must be the summer.  Kids being home all the time makes me more hyper and active during the day.  I need something to relax, right?  So, thank you Grandpa and Shasha to remind me there is always alcohol to get through summer!  Thanks for making a trip over the mountain even though you are so tired from all the driving you have been doing.  We truly had fun and I am looking forward to seeing you at Samantha's wedding!  You will have all the grandkids there with you and that is definitely a photography moment!

P.s.  Grace was glad when Archie left.  Our cat, Grace, was hiding in my room when the doggy was here.  A brief encounter they had didn't look so promising, so it was good that they were apart!

No comments: