Monday, July 19, 2010

Non-sleeping child

I think I overdosed Noah on Vitamin B12. He drinks soy milk fortified with Vitamins B6 and B12 plus I have been mixing Benefiber with added VB6 and 12 in his drinks. I did a quick research now and found out that it can cause insomnia! That is why he is not sleeping these days! Noah has been waking up in the middle of the night screaming, refusing to sleep and he is climbing in and out of the high chair as I type this at 10:45 pm! I was wondering why he's been this way for the past 4 or 5 days and I now know that he's been taking too much Vitamin B. I was so puzzled as to why he's been like this and I knew something was wrong because he is normally a very good sleeper. He's also been poking at his eyes at lot these days and I am not sure if that has something to do with Vitamin B overdose as well. But I can say for myself that when I feel unnaturally energetic my eyes feel unsettling and maybe that is what he is feeling, too. I will have to switch his soy milk to a regular kind and stop the Benefiber. Poor kid. I am so sorry Noah! I am glad I found it out though. Hmmm.... now what to do with a widely awake 2 year-old... Help... Not looking forward to tonight. Sigh.

1 comment:

Brooke said...

Hi Campbell family,

Thanks for stopping by our blog. I've read your blog in the past, but it's been a while so thanks for leaving a comment.

Our son Tanner has been a poor sleeper lately and I'm not happy about it. He used to be a great sleeper (7pm to 7am everyday), but now he doesn't fall asleep before 9 and often wakes up during the night and then really early the next morning. Last night, he was up until 10:30 and still woke up at 7:30 this morning. I know he's not getting enough sleep for his little body (he doesn't take naps), so I think I'll need to start looking at things to help...not vitamin B though. =)