Thursday, January 20, 2011

Noah's OT Session with Sommer







Sommer is Noah's Occupational Therapist at Kindering Center. She's been working with Noah since he started the CUBS program there. CUBS programs are designed for autistic children to encourage better communication, social interaction, awareness of the surroundings, regulation and get the kids ready for preschools in a group setting. Noah enjoys the program and the teachers and therapists all say that they've seen improvements since he started and he knows and follows routines very well.
Sommer has been great with Noah. She is gentle and caring, but knows how to challenge his comfort level without overwhelming him. You can see in Noah's face that he completely trusts her and enjoys working with her. I have a lot of respect for a professional like her - who pours their heart to improve the lives of their little clients! There are many heros in this world and I am fortunate to say that I see them everyday when I drop my boys off at their therapies. I will miss all the therapists and teachers we worked with at Kindering Center. I cannot thank them enough for all they've done.


Now that Noah is turning three in February, he is going to graduate from the CUBS program. I feel a little nervous for him to attend the Integrated Preschool, but also excited for him to challenge himself in the more regular classroom setting. He will be attending the same Integrated Preschool as Sean, so they will be riding the same school bus together. We have to buy him a new school backpack and I am sure he'll look adorable!

No comments: