Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Mommy's Birthday~

I celebrated my 39th birthday last week!  I was happy to spend it with my Mom, which does not happen very often since I left the nest when I was 18.  I am at exactly where I want to be at this age, so I have nothing to complain but to be thankful!  I've had practically a four-day celebration for my birthday in Durango, Mexico and that was the most grand of all, however having 8 little arms giving me hugs and my handsome husband smiling at me, red cheeked from excitement, after revealing "the surprise" make this year's birthday the best ever!

So, the day went like this.  Sean and Noah had school, so Sean wished me a happy birthday when he came home.  He sort of demanded a birthday cake and I told him a birthday cake is a cake for the person who is celebrating the birthday and normally someone else buys or bakes the cake for that person.  I continued to tell him that Mommy normally is the person who orders the cake and Daddy is not a cake guy, so there probably won't be any cake today.  He looked a little disappointed, but he moved on.  My Mom was laughing next to me. 

When Daddy came home, I opened the present from everyone, Mike, the kids, Pinky and Nana.  I got a Garmin Speed/GPS/Distance watch for running.  I've been wanting a watch for running, so it was perfect!  I will use it for my run for sure.  Thanks everyone :-)     We had a reservation for Maneki at 7:30 pm and Amy came to watch the kids.  It was raining pretty hard that evening, but Seattle is pretty in rain.  I am very interested in the history of the Chinatown in Seattle these days, so I love visiting that area. 

 So, where's the cake, Mommy?
 My running new running watch!
 Jen and Kevin gave me a hand mixer and pretty tulips in a vase!
The cake was from Fuji bakery in Bellevue.  It was delicious!  Mike ordered the cake in advance and Jen and Kevin brought it to the restaurant.

We arrived at the restaurant and told the hostess that we have a reservation for three at 7:30.  The older woman who is the owner of the restaurant struggled to find our booking.  Then Mike corrected me and told her that the reservation is for five.  From then on, I lost grip on things. It was all orchestrated by Mike, which doesn't happen that often in our relationship.  Mike had invited Jen and Kevin as well for dinner as a surprise.  I was so impressed with Mike!  The dinner was yummy as usual and the company was perfect.  I had my Mom and two of my best friends, plus my hubby with a new shimmering light.  To top that off, a perfect birthday cake pops up with candles and writing in Japanese.  Only a few people sang in the restaurant, which was perfect because I wanted to hide under the table otherwise.  Who knew Mike had it in him?  Now I have to plan something even better for his in June!

So, in a nutshell, I had a really good birthday this year.  My facebook friends were so kind and left me many messages on my page.  No matter what age, you do feel a little special on your birthday.  I am in my last year in 30s and what a fun ride it was~  Now, I feel officially a little wiser and mature, maybe!

No comments: