Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Spring Break 2011

Girls playing together and both insisted of wearing their backpacks!



Saya loves her new Hello Kitty backpack grandma gave her.

Cuddling with Mommy on the couch.

Noah playing on our little playground in the backyard.

They can't get enough of swinging.  Noah likes patting the stone statue.

Lunch at Crossroad.  We get a lot of stares, smiles and pointing since we have many kids close in age.  We are used to it by now.

Aly and Sean making factories and rocket launching pad.

We had a good spring break this year since we had grandma until the mid week, which put everyone in a good mood.  We were expecting a melt down even bigger than post Christmas/New Year celebration when my Mom left, but Sean has been very good and hasn't shown any instability.  On the day she left, Sean stood at the door and watched her leave on a taxi.  He was sad for a little while asking why she had to leave and saying how much he dislikes the taxi that stole her away from him. 

The rest of the break was passed pleasantly with lots of play time and hugs.  I may sound nuts but I do enjoy when I have all four children with me.  I wouldn't say I would love it all the time, but I do feel like I don't spend enough time with my big boy since he is gone most of the day four days out of the week.  I realized that he loves it when grandma is here because she takes time to play with him, giving him 100% of her attention.  I may not have paid him enough attention in the past since I was always doing something else while I "played" with him.  So, I have been smart about my daily chores and now able to squeeze in an hour before dinner time, a dedicated play time with them.  Maybe that is why he hasn't had a big melt down as yet.  We shall see!

No comments: