Wednesday, April 20, 2011

A visit to the Kelsey Creek Farm

My trick - I ask kids to give me a hug and as they approach me, I snap a picture~

Noah, loves being outdoors.  He will be a great hiker someday!

Saya had a very concerned look on her face.  I wished I could have heard her thoughts.

Looking at chicks in the chicken nursery building.

Noah and the chicken having a small talk about the day.

A quick lunch motivated by more playtime at the playground.

Which is more fun?  They certainly think what others have is far better than what they have.

Sean helped push Noah's swing.  Noah liked it and Sean enjoyed helping!

On last Saturday, we took the kids to see farm animals at Kelsey Creek farm nearby.  We went to see the shearing of their sheep, but their Sheep Shearing Festival is held the very last Saturday of April.  We had fun though looking at goats, rabbits, chickens and little sleeping piglets who were born a month ago.  The piglet reminded me of red-faced Noah and Aly sleeping side by side in the crib.   How they grow so fast... I can't keep up.  Saya was scared of them and back walked to get away from them.  Noah had a good conversation with the chickens, but wouldn't even look at the bunnies.  Sean was very relaxed around the animals and asked lots of questions about them.  I may consider putting Sean in the farm's summer program!

No comments: