Sunday, June 19, 2011

Happy Father's Day~

Saya going boneless... She didn't want to get back in the car.  Noah does this sometimes, too, and makes it difficult to carry them. 

Sean liked this blue plane.  He was wide-eyed and plain happy seeing planes everywhere on the ground and in the air.

On Father's Day Sunday, we went to the air show in Olympia.  Mike has been a little down lately with loss of his beloved grandmother Audrey, so I wanted to cheer him up a little by going on an excursion trip out of town.   It is much smaller scale than the Sea Fair in Seattle where they have Blue Angels, but the planes flew very close and did some amazing stunts.  The kids were mesmerized and could not believe what they were seeing.  Most planes were classic war planes which were beautiful.  There were a few jet planes, too, and I think Sean liked them the most since they were sleek and fast!  We also liked the war choppers that were literally flying trucks, so powerful and magnificent.  They gave me goose bumps.  I could imagine how it carried soldiers in the war and heaviness of their missions. 

Mike by the end of the day felt better and we all had a good time.  I grilled up a copper river king salmon on a ceder plank for dinner and Mike was a very happy Dad.  It was very yummy!  The only seasoning I used was sea salt and a little bit of green onion on top.  That was by far the best tasting salmon we've ever had! 

Happy Father's Day to my two Dads and my husband!  I have three amazing men in my life and I feel very lucky.  They are smart and kind with fun sense of humor, perfect grandpas and Daddy for my children.  I cannot ask for more! 

No comments: