Saturday, July 30, 2011

Anpaaanch!!

So, my kids think Anpanman is the coolest , particularly, Saya.  Anpanman is a Japanese cartoon character whose head is made of bread with sweet red bean filing.  He fights the evil Baikinman (the germ man) and his best offensive move is Anpunch, which is a very powerful straight punch.  I was listening to the kids talking this morning and the conversation went like this.

Sean:  Saya, don't follow me!
Saya: Sean, go away!
Sean: Don't say that!!
Saya:  Anpaaanch!!  (with her chubby arm sticking out stright with a tight fist.)
Sean: Don't Anpunch me!!

She uses Anpunch a lot these days, even on Mike and I.  She doesn't actually hit people, but just makes the gesture.  She seems to think it's the ultimate trick she can use to defend herself.  Good thing she is still two. 

Last night I gave Sean a Vitamin B12 shot on his bottom while he slept.  I usually stick the needle in where I rubbed the numbing cream on, but I couldn't get to the spot since he changed the sleeping position.  It was risky since he might have woken up, but he didn't.  Not 100% anyway...  He twitched and scratched the spot saying "stupid!!" like an old man.  He's been saying "stupid" a lot these days and we are working on replacing the word to something else.

Are we raising future jailbirds?  I certainly hope not, but sometimes seems like it! 

Spaghetti Face! 

Noah's always looking for trouble.  He was searching for something in the drawer.

"The Brain"  - I tried baking a GFCF Hawaiian Choco Chip Bread this morning and I guess the yeast didn't rise...  I cut them up and they became biscottis!
It was hot today, so a good pool day on the deck!

Everyone's happy when it's a pool day!

Saya wanted to wear Alyson's underware and Aly refused to lend it to her.

No comments: