Sunday, August 21, 2011

Reminger Farms









Friends have been telling me about a farm called Reminger Fram in Carnation where they have U-Picks and family friendly amusement park , so we decided to go check it out last weekend.   It's a scenic drive getting off I-90 past Issaquah and going through Fall City. We passed a river and a bunch of bikers enjoying a day out on the country road.   It would be fun to bring kids for fishing sometime in the future when Noah learns to stay away from the water.

The parking lot was already starting to fill out with the minivans and SUVs with tots. The admission was $12 per person even for a little one like Saya! We had a coupon for two for one admission for two tickets, but we had to pay the full price for the rest. I was thinking at that point, it better be worth it!

The farm looked pretty big. It sort of reminded me of a Japanese touristy place because they had a huge souvenir store right at the admission gate. They had a play area by the entrance and we spent some time there. Noah liked the rocking horse there and everyone liked the carriage they could climb on.   After playing there for a bit, we went into a barn.   They had goats, sheeps, chickens and a lot of bunnies in there. Aly, Saya and Sean loved petting the animals.  They were friendly (?) and didn't seem to mind being touched by little hands.

We were ready to check out another area, but Noah had a different idea.  He wanted to stay in the barn and pat the big pig and cow statues sitting by the entrance.  When I tried to separate him from them, he started to scream.  I let him stay there for a while and let the others go with Mike.  He was there for a while but I was getting impatient.  So, I carried him to look for the rest of the crew.  He was not happy about that at all.  He was cranky and screaming with a very red face!  He was so loud, everyone was staring at me.  I tried destructing him to let him calm down, but he is not easily fooled.  At that point, I was ready to thrown in the towel and told Mike to meet me in the car.  So, we left only an hour later.  Was it worth it?  Well, if we have stayed longer.  But we had to try it and I am glad we did it!

No comments: