Thursday, November 10, 2011

The Bunk


I haven't taken a decent photo of their new bunk bed, but here is what I have from Mike's camera on the phone.  The bunk bed we ordered on 9/24 finally arrived the day before Halloween.  The wait was supposed to be two weeks, but it took them more than a month for it to arrive.  I wasn't a happy camper, but the bed is beautiful.  It's made of a sturdy material with a nice cherry finish.  Sean sleeps on the top and Aly the bottom.  We put a bed guard on Aly's bed so that she would not fall.  Sean was a little scared at first and didn't sleep very much the first few nights, but he is finally used to it now (the Halloween and the end of daylight saving time might have had something to do with his lack of sleeping).   Everyone likes to go up to Sean's bed and hang out.  I am hoping no one would fall because it is high.  Of course, I tell Sean not to lean over the railing and he does it more.  The kid never listen to me. 

Noah now has his own room and still sleeps in his baby crib.  He is tall but not off the chart tall like Alyson, so he still fits fine and he loves his crib.  Saya still sleeps in my bedroom in her crib.   It's working out fine for now, but I would like to claim my bedroom back free of Saya banging on the side of the crib like a cage fighter in the octagon.  She is a big dreamer (in a practical way) and she would sleep talk saying "No!! Sean, No!!!" or "Aly don't do that!!" and sometimes "Mama, where are you?".  It's cute, but my sleep is a joke. I haven't had a good one for the past six years!!  

No comments: