Tuesday, November 1, 2011

The Main Halloween Event!!

I am a handsome muscle man!

Noah's bus driver, Shirley, was a cat.

At the class party.  Noah ate the snack he brought from home and gfcf cupcakes.

Group picture with Ms. Elizabeth (pink crayon)

On the way to thearpy in their costumes!

Noah at PT.

Ready to trick or treat!

Saya crying because she was scared of a decoration.

Our bags are getting heavy now.  Saya was dragging her bag by the end.

Surprised Daddy with trick or treating at home! 
Sean could not wait for today.  He was so excited, he could not contain himself.  It's Halloween and it happens once a year.  Now that my kids are old enough to understand what happens at Halloween, it's also fun for me to see it from children's perspective.  It must be fun to dress up as their favorite character and visit many houses collecting treats.  I can see that it's going to make Aly and Sean's top five event of the year, easy.  It may be number three next to Christmas and their own birthday!

As you saw in previous posts, Sean was an Ironman, Aly a princess, Noah a muscle man, and Saya a super girl.  We had three superheros and a princess.  Noah had a party at school, so Aly, Saya and I went to see him.  There were lots of superheros in his class.  They make the costumes now days with built in muscles.  It's pretty funny to see little boys with big chests and abs. 

After Sean and Noah's therapy in Issaquah, Sean, Aly and Saya hit the street for trick or treating.  It was already dark by then.  Noah stayed home with Daddy for candy handing duty.  There were houses with scary decorations and Saya was terrified of them.  Sometimes a skeleton would talk or dance and that made them jump and scream.  I was laughing at them then, but not at the house behind Taguchis.  That is the house with very realistic decorations with skeleton and a man hanging from the roof.  I first walked up to near their door and noticed a light flickering inside in the dark and a figure, pacing around like a hungry lion in a cage.  I looked at him closely and he (or she) was wearing a mask.  I then looked towards the side of the house and saw a man wearing a black grandfather style hat walking towards us. I said "hi, there" and the man was just looking at me straight faced.  I thought maybe he is not a friendly person, but then figured out it was all an act!  There was a man sitting in the dark by the front door, too, and at that point I was terrified of getting even close to the door!  I coaxed Sean to knock on the door, knowing very well he will not, so that I can avoid doing this house all together.  Wow, what a theatrical display!  I was very impressed.   I heard later from Cat that they do something every year.  I cannot wait to see what they do in next Halloween!

The kids had so much fun trick or treating.  They were polite and said "Thank you!" loud and clear.  They were so cute carrying a big bag and walking together in their costumes.  Halloween might make the top five on my list, too.  So much fun~!

No comments: