Monday, October 31, 2011

Halloween Playdate with Friends




Didn't realize we had a packed schedule this Halloween.  Mike drove down to Tukwila to pick up the kids' much anticipated bunk bed in the morning and worked on assembling the bed.  I woke up, took care of the kids and baked gluten free apple cupcakes to take to the Halloween playdate at Tom and Liz's house.  By the time the cupcakes were cooling off, it was time to make some lunch!  I quickly made miso soup and stir-fried veggie beef dish and prepared kids lunches.  After lunch, I helped kids get dressed in their costumes and realized I am still wearing my pj and robe.  I showered quickly and on the spur of the moment, decided to dress up as a 80s lady for the playdate.  I had about three minutes to pick the outfit and what I chose were my black running tights, slouchy white socks, black undershirt, black and white striped over-sized off shoulder T-shirt and a wide bright pink hair band to complete the look.  The hair band is actually from 80s.  My Mom sent me all my hair accessories from my childhood out of blue a couple of years ago.  And of course, I had to wear heavy shadows and cheek make-up.  Flash Dance tune playing in my head, I almost forgot we had to leave in 10 minutes. 

We had a lot of fun at the playdate.  Ruby's family was there and so was big Noah's.  Andy was EMT, Charlie was a police officer, Finn was a shark, big Noah was Ninja, Karina was a princess and their friend Emery was a snow white.  We had a good variety of costumes out there.  I had to make sure people knew I am wearing a "costume" in case they are wondering about my fashion sense.  They thought mine was pretty good so they said. Tina and Eric were ketchup and mustard.  Maybe Mike and I will actually put more planning and thought into wearing something fun together next year.

The playdate was success and kids were officially exhausted by the time we got home.  I picked up our favorite take out of the moment, dumplings and shao long bao at Yang's  Dumpling House.  We are so lucky to have such good friends who are not only nice but someone to look up to.  I feel blessed!

No comments: